Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Day Thirty Nine - LA Split and EB reunion.

Day Thirty Nine – LA Split and EB reunion.

West LA to Dana Point

Daily Brief

Our aim was to make it to Dana Point by 2:00 PM, but LA proved to be longer then we thought. I got left behind in LA (the split) , but made it to Dana Point where we all met EB kids and their families at a local deli (the reunion).

The Ride

Waking up in west LA, having slept on a roof, we had dew on us and the morning sun wouldn’t let us sleep. We got up, got going, and ate some breakfast food provided by our kind hostesses. We then took on the crazy LA streets and traffic. After all the miles we’ve ridden, this was probably the scariest. After surviving the LA streets, we made it to the beach front.

At this point I was ahead of everyone since I was meeting my friend, Adam Ifill by Long Beach. Finding my way without a map was an adventure I will share another time, needless to say, we found each other and chilled for a few minutes before Shaun called me. He was ahead at an intersection, so I raced to catch up with everyone but they were gone by the time I got there, and didn’t stop until Dana Point. Meanwhile, since no one was answering their phone I wondered around LA trying to find my way.

Usually we don’t leave people behind, but we were supposed to be in Dana Point around 2:00 PM to meet some EB kids and their families, so the team went on their way. (At least this is the excuse I am giving for the punks...) Eventually Adam called me with correct directions and I found my way.

Meeting with the EB kids and families was the real highlight. Whenever we meet the kids, (and to be fair, not all of them are 'kids', but that’s just what we say) it’s a real motivator for us to keep working for the cause.

After the meeting with the EB kids at the deli, we finished off at a beach campsite and relaxed for the rest of the evening. Chris and Chandler took a swim, I was to beat from my wonderings to join them. The Russ’s enjoyed the beach.

Daily Stats

Distance: 78.31
Time: 4:54
Avg Speed: 16.0
Max Speed: 34.5

Total Distance: 2555.17

P&C Pushups: 150

No comments: